About the Award Show
The Baby Innovation Award show is the largest annual event for the baby-product market, offering not only extraordinary awards but also a lot of media coverage. This election is organized by the trade magazine BabyWereld in association with the Negenmaandenbeurs. It is not compulsory to participate in the Negenmaandenbeurs and non-participants are also invited to participate.
Why enter the award show?
Entering the competition means you have a chance of winning on of the prestigious awards that will open many doors. You can count on more brand awareness, a lot of media coverage, both print and online and thus giving you a head start in sales. A product with this logo works as a quality mark: it creates trust and gives you a competitive edge! By participating, you can expect:
- Exclusive use of the ‘Nominated’ or ‘Winner’ logo.
- The chance of winning the Baby Innovation Award in 7 categories including the Green Award. Also a chance to win Design Award and Consumer Award.
- 2 admission tickets for a festive award ceremony during the Industry Dinner and the networking meeting of the Amsterdam Baby Week (or we offer an alternative program).
- A place at the Baby Innovation Award stand of the Negenmaandenbeurs (45,000 visitors) in spring 2022.
- A listing on the sites Baby Innovation Award.nl (25.000 visitors and 57.000 pageviews per year, 17,000 Facebook fans) and the Negenmaandenbeurs (850.000 pageviews per year, 93.025 Facebook and Instagram fans).
- Broad media coverage via the trade magazine BabyWereld (site: 330,000 visitors and 396.000 pageviews a year, print: 2,000 copies, 3,000 newsletter addresses), Negenmaandenbeurs (95.000 newsletter addresses) and press releases.
- An expert assessment of your product by a professional jury.
- A live demonstration during the Mama Jurydag with direct feedback from mothers and influencers.
- A mediakit with digital logos and expressions for use in print, online and social media.
The categories of the Baby Innovation Award Competition
The election consists of 7 categories:
1. Mobility | 2. Travel & Safety | 3. Feeding | 4. Care |5. Furniture & Decoration | 6. Toys & Gifts | 7. Green.
Attached to the the registration form, you will find an enumeration of products falling under a certain category.
In addition to these awards, you have a chance of winning the Design Award (jury prize) and the Negenmaandenbeurs Consumer Award.
Award show procedure
November 8, 2021: deadline for application
Application of your product via the site in one of the seven categories. You automatically make a chance to win the Design Award and Consumer Award.
November 16: the professional jury decided on the nominations
During the expert jury day, the nominations for each category will be designated. The professional jury consists of a team of experts from several disciplines.
April 6, 2022: Mama Jury Day
On behalf of the Negenmaandenbeurs, mothers and influencers from all over the country come to assess the nominations and give points. As a nominee, you will have the opportunity during this day to demonstrate your product live and receive valuable feedback immediately.
April 22 – May 14: online voting
From the 1st of February and at the fair itself, casting your vote online is possible for the Consumer Award. Consumers will be given the chance of winning one of the nominated products.
May 2022: deciding the winners and ceremony
Category Awards: the professional jury nominates the candidates, category winners will be determined by 50% professional jury and by 50% Mums Juryday.
Consumer Award: this is determined by 50% Mums Juryday, 50% online voting and at the Negenmaandenbeurs.
A registration fee is required for participation. This includes logistical costs, elaboration of the given information, making a jury file, explanation and presentation during the professional jury day, possible storage up to the jury days and Negenmaandenbeurs, co-organizing the Mums Juryday and Baby Innovation Award pavilion at the Negenmaandenbeurs.
The fee for entering a product amounts to EUR 295.
In case of nomination, an additional contribution of EUR 695 will be requested.
Start-ups get the possibility to pay the nominated contribution in quarterly instalments, amounting to EUR 250 per month.
Application and entering the product
Your application and product must be received by the organization BEFORE NOVEMBER 8. It is possible to enter more products.
Address: BabyWereld BV, Frederik van Eedenlaan 2, 1262 AB Blaricum, The Netherlands.
Make sure your product is ready to be presented and add important product information and test reports if available. For technically complex products such as strollers, car seats and baby monitors, a request may be made for a short demonstration during the expert jury day.
Questions? Call or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please refer to the regulations.
To the application form